We seek to serve those in our community affected by memory loss due to dementia by offering: respite, socialization, counseling, education and information.
WE ARE A NON-PROFIT COMMUNITY RESOURCE WHICH:
- Operates an adult respite day program serving caregivers and persons suffering from Alzheimer’s disease or other related dementia;
- Assists anyone in the community seeking counseling pertaining to or information on dementia; and
- Gives an outlet for volunteers and students seeking to do community service.
- We provide respite to caregivers allowing them to take a break from the stressful daily activity of caring for their loved one which enables them to attend to their own personal needs;
- We provide respite care in a secure and welcoming environment for adults with early to middle stage Alzheimer’s disease or other types of dementia. Structured daily activities include periods of socialization and participation in a wide variety of meaningful activities;
- Our counseling services are provided by a Licensed Professional Counselor and are provided at no charge to families and persons recently diagnosed with dementia; and
- We maintain a resource library containing materials from the Alzheimer’s Foundation of America, The Alzheimer’s Association, The Mississippi Department of Mental Health, and other nationally recognized sources. These materials are provided at no charge to anyone seeking information on dementia.